Saturday, April 9, 2011

This week...

This week has been quite busy, and I really feel like things are "back to normal" after my trip to hospital and having two weeks off work.  It's nice - although I have a bit to deal with in the future, I can't remember the last time I felt this healthy, and as such I'm loving life.  I'm still taking it easy, but I've been making a special effort to concentrate on the simple pleasures in life.


My current favourite weekend lunch... Helga's mixed grain toast topped with smashed avocado, South Cape persian fetta, sliced cherry tomato and cracked pepper... so simple but so good.


The footy season has started again, which means spending 4 hours sitting in a cold concrete stand at the MCG is part of my weekend each week until September.  Last Sunday I went to the Melbourne v Hawthorn game.  Melbourne were pathetic but still, I loved being at the footy.  I eased the pain of the horrendous loss by indulging in a delicious Vietnamese dinner in Victoria Street afterwards.


My Mimco black patent turnlock bag arrived from the UK.  I'm so impressed with the service - I ordered it late on Thursday night and it was on the doorstep on Tuesday morning.  I love the bag!!  I'll definitely be checking the UK website next time I want to purchase something from Mimco - this cost me $235 including postage, and it retails for $499 in Australia.


We've had many lovely sunny days this week, but the weather took a turn for the worse this afternoon, and it's now pouring with rain... perfect for staying indoors with Thai takeaway and...


Mad Men season 4 - boyfriend ordered this off Amazon for me.  YES.  Do you watch Mad Men?  If not, you should!


I've been eating many crunchy new-season apples.  I always think fruit tastes better when you cut it up before eating it.  Weird?  Probably.


I've enjoyed several delicious lattes made by the lovely folk at Dancing Goat this week.  Their coffee is seriously yummy - velvety smooth and creamy.  If you work in the legal precinct in Melbourne, I suggest you give this little cafe a try.


I enjoyed a particularly delicious (and long) lunch at Movida Aqui with some colleagues.  Gosh I love Movida.  Everything is so tasty.  Especially the potato & chorizo bombas, the seafood paella and the churros.  Oh, the churros.  Probably shouldn't have eaten those but they tasted so amazing.  No harm done.



Finally, I received a surprise gift in the mail from the lovely Mez over at Domestic Divinity.   I entered her polish giveaway a few weeks ago and despite sending her an email with my address once I found out I won, I completely forgot about it!  The polishes arrived beautifully wrapped with a lovely card.  Thanks for putting a smile on my face, Mez! x

1 comment:

  1. Wheeeeeeeeeeeere did you order the bag from???

    I love crunchy toasted super dooper multigrain bread especially with that avo/fetta/tomato combo - perfection!!!

    ReplyDelete