Saturday, April 2, 2011

Preparing for Melbourne winter...



We've had some lovely days in Melbourne this week, but there is definitely a chill in the air... the mornings are crisp and the afternoons sunny.  Autumn in Melbourne is my favourite time of the year.

As I mentioned the other day, in preparation for winter I purchased a new coat from Cue.  I don't leave the house without a coat in winter; catching the train to work means many chilly minutes spent walking to the station and waiting on a cold, dark platform.  My current Cue coat has been working hard for the last 3 years, but the lining has almost worn out and despite loving it when I purchased it, I'm a bit over its brown and black fabric now.  I went in search of something more classic:


So warm and snuggly...



I also went in search of some new opaque tights for winter... luckily David Jones has 30% off all hosiery at the moment.


Leona Edmiston opaques are my favourite; they're really comfortable, long-lasting and wash well.  I also got some thinner Platinum opaques for days that are not so cold, and a pair of the Voodoo boot tights to try out.  These are interesting; they have an ankle sock sewn into the foot.  My feet always get really cold in boots when I wear opaques so I think this is a great idea!

I spied these pretties on my way to the counter, and they're so cute I couldn't possibly leave them behind... I plan on wearing them with all-black outfits.


I also realised today that I seem to have acquired quite a collection of new scarves lately... mostly gifts.


Grey leopard print - Sportsgirl
Dark purple & gold silk - handmade in Thailand
Beige leopard print - Supre
Pink & bright purple silk - handmade in Sri Lanka

3 comments:

  1. love love love the coat! love the collar.

    cute tights! and you can never have enough scarves! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE those heart tights... must go buy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous coat! I might have to go have a snoop in Cue now :)

    ReplyDelete